How Can a Franchise Lawyer Help You?
Buying a Franchise?
Buying a franchise without knowing what's in your agreement is like betting
your investment on one roll of the dice. A great deal can be learned from having a franchise attorney review the agreement. Does the franchiser charge for lots of things you thought would be included? Does the agreement give the franchiser the right to raise fees significantly during the agreement? If you have a dispute with the franchiser can you file a lawsuit in your local court, or must you pay for an arbitration in some faraway place?
If you're a franchise owner who's lost money on his investment, maybe we can help. If your franchiser got you to invest by making false promises, or if he made mistakes in his disclosure documents, we may be able to get some or all of your money back.
Even minor mistakes in your FDD
or your FDD-delivery procedures can have serious legal consequences.
We offer document compliance reviews, and we offer FDD preparation
and registration services. Your FDD documents are crucial to the
survival of your business. Don't trust their preparation to a lawyer
who's not a franchise expert.
- Member, American Bar Association's Forum on
- Available to consult or testify as expert on franchise law matters.
- Author: "Franchising in Ohio; Practical Aspects
of the Law"
Lawyer Magazine, 1993).
- Named a "Leading Lawyer in Northeast Ohio" in
Law category, by Inside Business Magazine each
- Named a "Super Lawyer in Ohio" by Superlawyers.com, in 2004 and 2013.
- Principal Presenter: Franchising in Ohio; Obligations and
(Continuing Legal Education Seminars
sponsored by Ohio Bar Association, 2008 and 2011)
- Principal author of changes to Ohio's Business Opportunity Law enacted in 2012.
- Adjunct Professor of Franchise Law, University of Akron Law School, Fall 2014.
LAW OFFICES OF STANLEY
M. DUB CO., LPA
20600 Chagrin Blvd., Ste. 400 • Cleveland,
OH 44122 • ph
(216) 991-4480 • fax
© 2013 Stanley M. Dub Co.,
LPA. All rights reserved.